Sunday, August 11, 2013

For many years I have thought of building a Sauna. I grew up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where many people of Finnish decent had a sauna in or near their homes. Sauna is basically a very hot room in which you dwell for a short period of time and sweat. Temperature in the room can be from 150F to 200F. It is claimed their can be health benefits from this activity but I'm not sure about that. From my experience, I can say that I feel very relaxed after sauna. After you have reached a nice temperature, rolling around in the snow half naked can be exhilarating.

I have an old concrete block out building and an unused cast iron fireplace insert. This is where I start.


My wife helped by sketching the plans in chalk on the driveway. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment